How YOU Can Become a Member of Walnut Creek Baptist Church
We welcome new members and are excited when God adds people to our church family! You may become a member by presenting yourself or family for church membership during the “invitation” time at the conclusion of each worship service. You are invited to join the church in one of three ways:
- By Profession of Faith and Baptism. You have received or want to receive Jesus Christ as your personal Savior and Lord and be baptized.
- By Transfer of your membership from a similar Baptist church.
- By Statement that you were once a member of a similar Baptist church but transferring your membership is not possible or by stating that you received Jesus Christ as your personal Savior and Lord and were baptized by immersion in a non-Baptist church (requires a pastoral interview).
Members are Expected to:
- Be in agreement with and promote the beliefs of the church.
- Support the vision, mission and leadership of the church.
- Attend and participate in worship services and other programs regularly.
- Use their spiritual gifts and skills to serve God and people in and through the church.
- Seek to live out the teachings of the Bible and not dishonor God or the church through sinful behavior.
- Support the ministries of the church through regular giving of tithes and offerings.